And the next USAT problem is......

Yea, you have to scroll up, it lands on the sales portion.... non-compliant card swipes under EMV standards have to be replaced or they will no longer do contactless transactions.  Will still do mag- card swipes (which everyone is getting away from).   G10 card swipes are OK, but my beloved MEI 4 in 1 swipes will have to go.  FML, my own fault I guess....

• Like 1

Just a few weeks ago I finished switching all my last USA tech devices over to Nayax. I have had a far better experience with Nayax, but I am happy there is competition at least, to help keep pricing in check and force further improvements.

If you think you're OK just using the swipe, think again. If you accept a swipe on an EMV credit card, which has the chip AND encoded NFC, you are responsible for any chargebacks. If your device makes an EMV transaction via chip the card carrier is responsible for chargebacks. 

I have already deactivated 550 USAT modems. I hope to have the rest done by Q2. 

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

If you think you're OK just using the swipe, think again. If you accept a swipe on an EMV credit card, which has the chip AND encoded NFC, you are responsible for any chargebacks. If your device makes an EMV transaction via chip the card carrier is responsible for chargebacks. 

I have already deactivated 550 USAT modems. I hope to have the rest done by Q2. 

Who are you going to?

11 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Going with Nayax for more reasons than just EMV compliance, but I can't discuss the rest of the project right now. 

I liked a lot of things with Nayax, I just hope their VPOS hardware is sturdier than the Amit's.   ParLevel is offering me some good pricing but I am not going to switch over on a whim...

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your positive comments.

I am sorry this is sounding so confusing and complex to so many people reaching out. 

Let’s keep it simple for non Nayax customers:

1. That magnetic stripe on credit cards are embedded with a single number and easy to steal. The card companies have issued chip cards to us for many years because they generate random numbers and cannot be stolen and are only now adding tap capability as well.

2. If your customers don’t see a chip slot on your reader to insert their cards into as you and they do everywhere else when purchasing at a retail store AND they have the ability to swipe their cards on your reader, you have been and will continue to be subjected to chargeback penalties (what others are calling non-compliance fees) on your monthly statements.

3. This is all not new. We have been educating on this coming to non Nayax users for several years. Ask yourself why, for many years now, you haven’t been able to swipe your own credit cards when you shop in retail stores yet you have for years , including today, been asked to spend money to buy readers that allow your customers to swipe their cards and don’t have chip insert capability?

4. Even after you upgrade and spend new money, if you do not have chip capability for your customers in your upgraded reader, your customers can still swipe their magnetic stripe, and you are still subject to these chargeback penalties (non compliance fees).

5. Nayax brought both chip and tap readers to our operators in the US, 4-5 years ago and our operators have no need to spend new money.

6. Therefore, Nayax operators have not been and are not subject to chargeback penalties (non compliance fees).

7. How can Nayax be so far ahead of all others? We engineer and manufacturer our own devices unlike others who sell these to operators. We lead the world in cashless technology for unattended machines and support our technology in 60+ countries.

Technology matters. It’s time to decide for yourselves, before continuing to spend new money, have you spoken to Nayax or a Nayax reseller or distributor? Nayax has trade-in programs to make this easy for you while at the same time you will always have the confidence that the technology and on-going exclusive features will always keep you ahead.

Thank you.

Questions? Anytime…
Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015

https://youtu.be/fLJloIDDP4k

So it appears that only my oldest readers are not EMV compliant.  It looked like about 6 when I checked.

To check, login to your seed live site, click on the Device Details Report on the main page, open the spreadsheet file that has been downloaded, and scroll over to the tab that says whether the reader is EMV or not.  From what I'm guessing, the fees are probably 10 cents per transaction but I don't know for sure.

It appears that the recent G-10s are EMV compliant regardless of having a chip reader.  It's confusing for sure but hopefully this helps to at least determine which devices are subject to these fees.

15 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

So it appears that only my oldest readers are not EMV compliant.  It looked like about 6 when I checked.

To check, login to your seed live site, click on the Device Details Report on the main page, open the spreadsheet file that has been downloaded, and scroll over to the tab that says whether the reader is EMV or not.  From what I'm guessing, the fees are probably 10 cents per transaction but I don't know for sure.

It appears that the recent G-10s are EMV compliant regardless of having a chip reader.  It's confusing for sure but hopefully this helps to at least determine which devices are subject to these fees.

Upon further review, it does appear that only the old swipe devices and 4-in-1s are subject to this.  This is definitely a bad look on USAT in my mind

49 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Upon further review, it does appear that only the old swipe devices and 4-in-1s are subject to this.  This is definitely a bad look on USAT in my mind

Like USAT needed any help in that department...

• Like 1

I just purchased some new machines. The seller put in a transfer request with all the serial numbers and such, and then I did the same, with the same information, confirming his request to transfer it all in my name. Cantaloupe sent me the transfer paperwork, asked me to start an account, tied my bank number, and completed the 'transfer.' All I had to do was wait for the transfer to complete, 2 weeks. After two weeks I contacted them, several times, only to get back that the devices are not supported anymore. Why couldn't I have been informed when I first made the transfer request. I certainly won't be going with them for contactless payment. Requesting info from Nayax. So frustrating. 

Edit: New *to me* machines. They're used. 

Edited by sshadowssin

Hi. The rates are generally close or the same across the board. Since we engineer and manufacturer our own readers, as most others buy outsources and white label their names on other companies hardware, allows us to offer the exclusive technology pieces and we do not charge any extra for all of them. For example just added instant receipts - https://youtu.be/k2SkUIb8rZI. So many features to help operators grow their business.

At the end of the day technology matters and as more and more people hear and see it it is changing the marketplace..

Thanks to those who have had their Nayax conversations with me. I am happy to personally assist anyone here. 

Thanks

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015

Update on the original post:  As of now my 4 in 1 devices are showing "pending" compliance, with an update to be downloaded by June.  Otherwise I only need to replace 3 old card swipes and I should be good to go.  Confusing but not anywhere near being a disaster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Update on the original post:  As of now my 4 in 1 devices are showing "pending" compliance, with an update to be downloaded by June.  Otherwise I only need to replace 3 old card swipes and I should be good to go.  Confusing but not anywhere near being a disaster.

That's what I found too.