HELP V721 HAVE KEY, NO POWER DOOR CLOSED!

NYCandyMaN

I have a v721 with the live buttons (12 large buttons) display, the lock is automatic, I lost power to the machine, checked the breaker on the cord, it is fine, but hot, I cannot get inside the machine, how can I get power to the machine to open the door? or how can I open the door?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Anacapa Vending said:

You have to pry off the middle very right button and then have a special tool to unratchet the lock. Good luck it sucks. Now you see why the pepsi 721s are cheaper then the regular live display. 

I was hoping a different approach, if I break the button, not sure if I can get another replacement

2 hours ago, orsd said:

Cut out the GFI on th cord and splice the cord.

GFI?

I have access to the cord, and a few harnesses from the back its not an easy reach, I'm thinking of finding which wire powers the lock and power up that wire, machine is on an angle in a very tight space, I'm not that small, is have to get in there somehow to do the work

GFI or GFCI is ground fault ( circuit) Interrupter. It is what you referred to as "the breaker on the cord" 

Unplug the machine from the wall and cut off the GFI cord cap and replace it with a regular Male cord cap(plug). Then plug the machine back into the wall and see if it turns on. 

9 hours ago, Anacapa Vending said:

GFI or GFCI is ground fault ( circuit) Interrupter. It is what you referred to as "the breaker on the cord" 

Unplug the machine from the wall and cut off the GFI cord cap and replace it with a regular Male cord cap(plug). Then plug the machine back into the wall and see if it turns on. 

wont that damage something on the board, It might blow something if that's done, I tried a 2nd breaker, without connecting to machine, I can press the test button and it stays on fine, once I connect the machine, it goes off again, something in the machine is giving feedback, I'm thinking of getting a spare set of buttons and taking one out, find the hook up for the lock, connect it to a 12v battery just for some power on the lock only, and see if that'll open it, once I'm in I can get the rest of it fixed up. direct hook up might be an option, I already contacted vendo and triteq to see what they would do, last resort is Pepsi guys.

GFI's are notorious for going bad and tripping for no reason.

Also, GFI's are not breakers, and do not protect the machine. They protect people.

So, once you fix it you should buy a known good GFI and install it. But just cutting it out is fine for now.

3 hours ago, orsd said:

GFI's are notorious for going bad and tripping for no reason.

Also, GFI's are not breakers, and do not protect the machine. They protect people.

So, once you fix it you should buy a known good GFI and install it. But just cutting it out is fine for now.

so what do you think is making the GFI go off?

the gfis on those cords suck i have opened them up and it was melted inside just cut it off and put a regular plug on it or you can get a gif plug head at home deport or amazon there is a remote batty box with a small phoneo plug  that is used to open the door without plugging in the wall the place to plug it in is located in the top of delivery bin 

3 hours ago, sideshot said:

the gfis on those cords suck i have opened them up and it was melted inside just cut it off and put a regular plug on it or you can get a gif plug head at home deport or amazon there is a remote batty box with a small phoneo plug  that is used to open the door without plugging in the wall the place to plug it in is located in the top of delivery bin 

Phoneo plug?  Do you mean phone plug? I'm sure just a phone plug will not do, what does the phone plug connect to? 

Is there a power source I need to buy?

Inside delivery door?

I bought a brand new GFI its doing the same thing as the one I took off, it will not allow to press the button to keep connection going.

48 minutes ago, Anacapa Vending said:

If you need to get into the machine then remove the gfi and put a normal plug. Also check the outlet, it could be a loose neutral. Unplug  other devices from the outlets on that circuit. Sounds like something has changed on that circuit.

there is nothing else on the plug, the outlet is intact, machine was working good for about 2 weeks before this happened, I think the place had an outage, they reset their stuff already, everything works at location except machine, I'm just worried about shorting something out if I do a straight plug

If you are incredibly lucky, you may have a bad component on your refrigeration deck.  You would need to pull the machine out and try to disconnect the power to the compressor, then plug the machine back into the wall outlet.  If it works then, you'll need to pull the deck out and see what likely burnt up.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/e49953_16e136106a51446991407705e69c117c.pdf

i got mine from Pepsi years ago you could call vendo or Dixie narco the  pepsi bevmax 2 and 3 will have the same plug or you could try and make one 

TriTeq Lock and Security  http://triteqlock.com/accessories.html are the ones that make the lock best bet would be to call them its a good thing to have if you have remote lock machines 

2 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

there is nothing else on the plug, the outlet is intact, machine was working good for about 2 weeks before this happened, I think the place had an outage, they reset their stuff already, everything works at location except machine, I'm just worried about shorting something out if I do a straight plug

Again, the GFI does not protect from short circuits.

If a known good one trips there is a ground fault.

Use a regular plug to power up and unlock machine.

Then check all your ground wires inside after you get it open.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:15 AM, sideshot said:

Do this, then just plug it into an extension with breaker on it. That way you have some protection.

Archived