Royal vending status?

It seems that Royal vendors is shutting down their plant in WV.  Does anyone know how Royal is related to AMS (they are located in the same business park there) or any info beyond this pretty lean news story?

I'm surprised but also very curious.  I thought suzohapp bought coinco.  If so, then it was a decision by suzohapp.  Frankly, I know very little about them. Also, I rarely see new coinco parts around here so it makes me wonder if royal/coinco is the vending equivalent of Sears/Kmart.  It sounds as if Royal was run into the ground.

It might be a good thing IF this allows vendo to gain a market share without ruining anything.

Thanks for the info.  I just had a conversation about Royal where someone who would know told me they were down to one salesperson for the company.    If they leave the market I guess Vendo and USI will be building all of the new stack machines.  SuzoHapp moving operations makes more sense.

as far as selling to Coke, there is volume there but not a lot of profit as I understand it.... Coke and Pepsi both pretty much name their own prices for equipment because they comprise so much of the new machine market.

2 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

Thanks for the info.  I just had a conversation about Royal where someone who would know told me they were down to one salesperson for the company.    If they leave the market I guess Vendo and USI will be building all of the new stack machines.  SuzoHapp moving operations makes more sense.

as far as selling to Coke, there is volume there but not a lot of profit as I understand it.... Coke and Pepsi both pretty much name their own prices for equipment because they comprise so much of the new machine market.

I bet part of the problem is that a lot of people are pushing for glassfront soda machines and the Bevmax seems to completely dominate that market from what I can tell.  I RARELY see anything except a Bevmax, AMS, and USI Alpine machines for soda.  I don't even personally know anyone that owns a royal vision anymore.  It seems like Vendo pretty much abandoned the Vue but that's fine because their V21 series is such a good stack vendor.  Another understanding that I have (and I think many of us understand) is that there is a learning-curve to figuring out how to properly load royal stack vendors due to the STS settings.  USI doesn't usually have that problem because each column is usually dedicated to one selection.  So, although I think Royals are THE most versatile stack vendor out there, I can see where they might be losing on multiple fronts between glassfronts, micro markets (which hurt them all I think), and possibly smaller vendors just choosing other competitors.  To top it all off, USI and Crane seem to advertise pretty heavily whereas I almost never see a Royal advertisement.

I do think that it sounds like SuzoHapp has something to do with it but I don't know for sure if SuzoHapp actually owns Royal.  It seems to be the case but I don't know where to find that out.  It did seem like SuzoHapp is known to be focusing more on Europe since their acquisition of Coinco products.  That's what I understood anyway.  So maybe they are pretty much just moving most of their operations to Europe while leaving a smaller facility in the US under the SuzoHapp banner.  I think that sounds like the most reasonable thing to conclude.

43 minutes ago, Corvus Corax said:

I wonder why Coke forces the 8 button configuration, that really lets down the versatility of the Royal stackers.

Cause Coke classic is that popular.

Otherwise they would be doubling up on Coke selections. Heck they still double or even triple up Coke even with the system.

Coke has done that beginning in the early 80s to drive Coke sales with the large Coke button you see on older machines.  Later they left it in place on all new machines even with small buttons because it forced the full service drivers to fill columns 1 & 2 with Coke only.  This all was to ensure their primary brand flavor was less likely to be sold out.

SuzoHapp purchased Coinco - the line of changes/validators/cashless devices.

The old "Coinco" tradename belongs to SuzoHapp. Coin Acceptors, Inc. - the company - is still separate, and functions as a repair/service center for Coinco devices.

Royal Vendors I'm pretty sure was not part of the acquisition.

Royal is moving, everyone is tight lipped about where and why

This leads to a lot of speculation, maybe get some answers while in Vegas from them.

Could it be Chinese Imports? Mexican Factory? Licensing the name to another Manufacturer?

Archived