New year pricing changes

Zachsea

Good afternoon everybody. As of right now our pricing is going to get an update this first week of the year. Our current and new pricing are as follows. Canned sodas $.75 , Gatorade $1.50 ,Energy Drinks $2.50,Lss chips $1.00, candy $1.25 ,Pastries $1.00, crackers $.75. Our new pricing will be going to $1.00 a can, candy to $1.50 & $1.25 on pastries. What I’m getting at is where is everybody else at price wise and are you planning to make a price change as well soon? Product costs have really jumped the last year and some change so we ultimately have to rip off the band aid. 

It depends on your region so comparing pricing may not be apples to apples but I'm considering going to 90 cents on cans and 1.50 on candy at some places.  That 25 cents is just such a huge bump for candy.  I'm already at 1.25 on pastries.

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

It depends on your region so comparing pricing may not be apples to apples but I'm considering going to 90 cents on cans and 1.50 on candy at some places.  That 25 cents is just such a huge bump for candy.  I'm already at 1.25 on pastries.

You think it makes much difference between .90 cents and $1.00 on a can of soda. That's the question I have been asking myself.

1 hour ago, tc vending said:

You think it makes much difference between .90 cents and $1.00 on a can of soda. That's the question I have been asking myself.

I can't bring myself to do it unless I find out my competitors are too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apple Leisure said:

Either the mech works or it doesn't.  You might be reluctant to use odd prices for aesthetic reasons, but there is no practical reason not to set prices at any level, be it 90 cents or $1.05 etc.

Yes. The changer will physically function, but you will have to end up constantly replenishing your dimes and/ or nickels. If the nickel tube runs out, you’ll end up losing sales as well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, orsd said:

Yes. The changer will physically function, but you will have to end up constantly replenishing your dimes and/ or nickels. If the nickel tube runs out, you’ll end up losing sales as well.

Depending on the location, you might have to either replenish more often, or perhaps use a higher capacity mech with appropriate coin tubes.  Even better, as we move further away from cash and more into electronic payments running out of dimes and/or nickels should rarely be a problem.  Our industry is equipped to handle odd prices.

• 3 weeks later...

I just acquired a DN 5800-4, and it had a LOT of room for product. I'm wondering on pricing too...can you guys post what you charge per product? 

As discussed above, I will be sticking with $1 for 12 oz. The machine I'm replacing was on site already, and has 12 oz cans set at $1. They were selling, but not as well as they could have been, as the machine was not cooling properly. 

Energy drinks such as Monster and Bang have a profit of 0.59 per unit if I sell at $2. Rockstars have a lower profit due to slightly higher cost. I'm getting Monsters and Bang drinks at Sam's for 1.41 a can. I know some people have gone to 2.50 per can. Is a 2.25 price point logical? 

Sodas, such as 16 oz - 20 oz...I'm stuck. 16.9 oz coke will cost 0.54 per unit, so I'm thinking of selling them for 1.50. Thoughts? I know 20 oz sodas are over $2 at gas stations. 

Fairlife protein shakes are 1.32 at Sam's, and I'm thinking of pricing the at $2. 

The guy I bought the 5800-4 from had his energy drinks priced at $3, which seems excessive, and he admitted they didn't sell well. Do you guys have a rule of thumb for pricing? Like double the cost? If so, where do you draw the line? 

Thanks for your input!

This is how I went: 

$1 cans

$1.50 Chips/fruit snacks/rice crispy

$1.75 candy bars

$1.50 16.9 oz sodas(thinking about $1.75)

$2.75 energy can drinks few machines I have them at $2.50

$1.50 water("name brand")

This hasn't slowed anything down on volume of sales, but pricing is affected by your service area.

• Like 1

Wow, I might have to slowly up my game. This is how things were priced when I took over.

Candy bars $1

Flavored drinks (such as propel/gatorade) $1.50

Chips $1

I added water @0.75 (Cheap water) I did have Aquafina that I should probably price at $1 or $1.25. 

I added energy drinks at $2. Might up it to $2.25 in a couple months. 

Added Pastries at $1, may jump up to $1.25 in a couple months. 

I do live in a smaller valley, and these machines are located in a plaza, mostly used by a beauty college. 

Pastries 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, CajunCandy said:

Glad I don't do vending anymore!

People cried enough at the lower prices!

🤐🤐🤐

Tell me about it.  I just remind them I'm not selling candy and soda, I'm selling convenience.  If they still argue. I remind them I'm not forcing them to buy anything.  They are free to go to the convenience store any time.... And pay more, plus pay sales tax.

• Like 1

I recently raised my pastry prices last week to $1.25 would have done my candy at the same time but I'm waiting on new labels to get here (Monday). Nothing but Bitching and complaining. Your taking advantage of us blah blah blah. We can get a pastry at the bp gas station for .75 I went over there and the Little Debbie's were $1.50 and hostess $2. I have not sold a single pastry all week and I was going through almost a case every week and a half. Debating if I should go back to $1 and not raise the candy from $1 to $1.25. Not really sure what to do atm. I'll give it another week and see if any sells.

Stick to your guns.  This is a location where nothing will make a difference,  They obviously don't like their jobs or are under paid and unhappy.  You are just getting all of their anger.  It will subside, but you should have done it all at the same time, labels or not.  You should have put a notice of upcoming price changes at least a week prior.  I hope you didn't just surprise them with it.

Edited by AZVendor

59 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Stick to your guns.  This is a location where nothing will make a difference,  They obviously don't like their jobs or are under paid and unhappy.  You are just getting all of their anger.  It will subside, but you should have done it all at the same time, labels or not.  You should have put a notice of upcoming price changes at least a week prior.  I hope you didn't just surprise them with it.

I was actually going to put a notice up but my gf talked me out of it. I have it sitting in my office, I'll grab it before I leave today and post it, said it was due to raising cost of product blah blah blah.