Grandma's Cookies

I know I am probably preaching to the choir, but have you tried these? I used to get Linden and Famous Amos and they did okay. Since I started stocking Grandma's, I can keep them in the machines, they sell so fast. They're not hard like the Linden's, but soft and chewy. And bonus .32 per pack at Sam's.

They used to sell well for me at select locations. Eventually, demand dropped. The bigger problem was that the variety packs had short dates at my local sam's and no one bought the cream filled cookies. In addition to that problem, the cases from distributors had more than i could sell and the dates weren't always good.  In the end, i stopped carrying them.

Similar story to AngryChris.  They do ok, but definately not as well as famous amos or mmcookies.  Just goes to show that not everyone has the same type of good sellers.  One of my best selling items may be your worst.  I do love the cost though at .32 cents.  What part of the country are you located in?  Southeast here...

I am pretty new to this but, like others said they seemed to sell well at first but then dropped off. But then again, I seem to be getting that with quite a  few things, something new sells well then drops off after a few weeks. The hard cookies in the pack have not sold well at the same price point as the soft at any location. I think they are good in part because I can throw them in a row with chips, candy bars, or pastries and they don't really seem too out of place.

In the Northeast. I have a few retirement homes, and that's where they sell the best. Funny thing is the packs of sandwich cookies sell the best. I constantly get requests for them. Famous Amos has really dropped off for me. I have thought about dropping them entirely. If anyone up north is looking for some older snack machines, I am selling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So, I know this topic is old, but I'm curious, because I've found that, wherever I put Grandma's cookies, no one wants to buy the peanut butter ones.
There seem to be certain items that are viewed as "boring," like plain Lay's chips, and they won't sell, yet clearly people buy them, because manufacturers keep making them! Thoughts?

9876780_p_1?id=FF9SJ1&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

2 hours ago, AnytimeVendors said:

So, I know this topic is old, but I'm curious, because I've found that, wherever I put Grandma's cookies, no one wants to buy the peanut butter ones.
There seem to be certain items that are viewed as "boring," like plain Lay's chips, and they won't sell, yet clearly people buy them, because manufacturers keep making them! Thoughts?

9876780_p_1?id=FF9SJ1&fmt=jpg&fit=constr

Wow peanut butter is one of my best seller in grandmas cookies The one that doesn’t move for me is molasses 

12 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

I buy the PB and oatmeal raisin by the case from vistar and the both move well, but not at every location.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Southeast Treats, that gives me hope! I'll have to try them everywhere. I've been getting the package from Sam's Club, but when I finally figured out these guys like everything but Peanut Butter, I started separating them per row, and everything else moves. I haven't tried all locations though.

Thanks!

I have an account with 5 machines. One of the machines is basically only there to appease the account as it sells poorly. I stock like 1-2 chips per coil and 75% are still there a month later. The only thing they eat is grandmas cookies at $1. I still only go through a case a month though lol.

Why do you keep the machine there to only make a handful of sales a month?  I have few poor performing machines, but they are in the shop of dealerships that I also own machines open to the public which sell through a ton.  However even the poor performing machines I get 20.00 a week out of, and it is not big deal to run to the back when your already on location for the busy machines weekly.

PS grandmas cookies, like everyone else, sold a ton initially but fizzled out.  Every now and then I rotate them back in, but they don't do well anymore, and I end up writing them off.  Especially the vanilla sandwich ones, which if anyone as tried, are nasty.

I go through 1-2 variety packs of grandma's per week.  I could buy them by the case but I think my customers like the variety input in.  They don't sell everywhere but some people eat 'em up.

3 hours ago, tismael56 said:

I have an account with 5 machines. One of the machines is basically only there to appease the account as it sells poorly. I stock like 1-2 chips per coil and 75% are still there a month later. The only thing they eat is grandmas cookies at $1. I still only go through a case a month though lol.

You might try Pop Chips if you haven't already. They have a much longer shelf life than Lay's, and they're relatively popular, so even if they don't move very fast I don't have to worry much about them going bad in slow locations like you describe. I have a similar situation.

Back on topic, I really think it depends how often you rotate stuff out. I've found that if I leave anything too long, it tends to lose traction. Grandma's cookies are nice, but when you have other options and you've already eaten six packages in the past month, you might want to try something new.

Sometimes a mixed row moves betrer than a single-item row because it builds in the variety.

Edited by AnytimeVendors

5 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

My suggestion, eat a PB cookie, then eat an oatmeal.

Same deal, compare the taste of chocolate chocolate to regular chocolate chip.

I think it's weird how different they taste. To me it's not good different.

Corvus Corax, I understand that, and I assumed that might be it, but still the question arises: if no one likes them, why sell them? Someone must like peanut butter. Do they like them better than chocolate brownie? I can't think why they would. Lol