Vend Purchase Group?

TKK

So i keep getting calls from a company called vend purchase group or so, and they want me to give em my vistar account, they said they give u 2% back in discounts and u dont have to do absolutely anhthing. I do order like 30k from frito lay every month so that would be sweet getting an extra $600 a month. Is it a scam?

It's a load of crap is what I think it is.  They are part of a group called Vending Group, which basically is a headhunter that gets vending accounts around the country, then finds a vending company in the area to service the account (for a hefty commission, of course).  The Vend Purchase group is run separate from this.  They claim to be a part of USG (which is not true), and want your Vistar account info.  I believe they also want you to place your orders through them.  Supposedly they will give you a 2% rebate on all your purchases, but I am sure there is a catch.  I would never give my account info to ANY group.  No one is arbitrarily going to give you a FREE 2% on your purchases, simply by adding your name to their list.  The guy who owns this company has MANY businesses registered to him, so I think he is "get rich quick" artist.  Vend Purchase Group has only been around for about 1.5 years.  This group calls me frequently and I blow them off every time.  Like my dad used to say, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!"  Just my 2 cents. :) 

• 1 month later...

Never heard of them.  I would contact USG directly if you want to get in on Vistar rebates.  I am a member and I do get rebates, but they change all the time, never heard of 2% all the time.  John Murn and his people will send you a list every month or so as to what you can buy to qualify.  Checks cover a quarter at a time (3 months). 

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Ideal said:

Have been receiving quarterly rebate checks for a couple of years.  Try it before you knock it.  Great program!

Your first two posts have all been about how good this program is.

To me, if a group needs to employ shills, that is a good indicator to me of how bad the program is.

35 minutes ago, orsd said:

To me, if a group needs to employ shills, that is a good indicator to me of how bad the program is.

Easy...I'm in the same group.  I get a small check every quarter.  No hassles, no issues.

36 minutes ago, orsd said:

I noticed too, but i have been "that guy" pointing people out more than once.

VPG is a sub-co-op under USG, so the two are clearly linked.  To be a USG member, companies typically need to have annual revenue of $600k +.  VPG brings in smaller companies, but has a few that could qualify for USG but just don't want the requirements hassle.  The VPG rebate is a fixed amount and the members don't have to do anything.  The reason they need the Vistar account number is that Vistar provides the reporting to USG (so do most other distributors).  VPG is now approaching 1,000 members.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 11:12 AM, Ideal said:

Have been receiving quarterly rebate checks for a couple of years.  Try it before you knock it.  Great program!

Why do you have the same IP as the company?

Ok...Let's clear this USG thing up.  They are NOT an affiliate or a subsidiary of USG!  They are a MEMBER, which is quite different.  They pool the small vendors information as their own, process it for rebates (as themselves) and give a flat 2% to the small vendor.  They do NOT extend any of the benefits of a USG member to the small vendor, so to claim to be a sub-group is MISLEADING at best.  I'd be glad to add someone's VISTAR number to my account and hand them over a measly 2% while I capitalize on manufacturers' rebate programs, but I'm not that shady.  Yes!  It's an easy way for a small vendor to collect a mini rebate on SOME of their purchases, but if you buy from Vistar, talk to them about putting you in contact with the different manufacturer's reps to see if you would qualify for a rebate on your own.  Just my 2 cents.  :)  TKK, send me a PM and I'll try to help you with some contacts if I can.  Just need to know what part of the country you operate in and which Vistar house you purchase from.

On a side note.. and i think someone said this already, but a lot of small vendors who order from sam's club would find that the majority of prices at sam's (or costco) are probably still cheaper than buying from vistar/vso even WITH the 2% rebate.  Most of us know that getting deliveries can be incredibly convenient but it won't save you money when you are only collecting say.. $200k/year or less.  You SHOULD have the time to stock up at sam's and probably don't have the means for a commercial facility anyway. The exception is when you NEED deliveries due to your location.

Once you are big enough for a warehouse and you need deliveries due to the volume you put out (i'm guessing over 500k/year) then you probably start to qualify for a lot of rebates anyway.

You don't know how to use the google machine?  USG is Unified Strategies Group which is a vending product purchasing cooperative.  Vistar is a vending products distributor.  Vendors Purchase Group is whatever each contributor to this thread defines them as.  Take the time to read the thread then you decide.

Archived